Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday USA!

Just a very quick little post today, with my favorite of all cheesecakes dressed for the occasion:



Ok, the band doesn't have quite the right color, and the white isn't completely white... whatever.

It's the Cordon Rose Cheesecake. Not one of those Cheesecake Factory monsters, but a nice light custardy cake. Some of the sour cream replaced by pureed banana. And the ladyfingers dipped in a mixture of milk and limoncello. If previous attempts are any indicator this one will be very good - though it's the first time I've made it with the crown and the ladyfingers.

Happy Fourth to all of you!

3 comments:

  1. Silke, Beautiful Cheesecake for a festive 4th of July!
    Can't wait to hear how it tastes. I love Rose's Cheesecake recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture Silke. Lovely looking cheesecake. How interesting that you use banana. I actually love the color of the band.
    Also, is that your new countertop? Looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dar - thanks! It tasted great, though I think the next time I'll skip the milk and use only limoncello to soak the ladyfingers. Since I make it myself it doesn't really cost me much except the time to do the lemons... It was also surprising that the bottom held together as well as it did.

    I could swear that my inbox showed a comment from Jenn: The banana substitution is in the Cake Bible, up to 1/2 the sour cream can be substituted by pureed bananas. I've made it a few times, can't quite decide whether I like the original better of the banana version. And no, it's not my countertop, it's a coffee table on the deck that just has a piece of rock on it...

    ReplyDelete